Friday, May 17, 2013

17-05-13 (Friday) What A Beautiful World!



God saw all that he had made, and it was very good ~ Gen 1:31a

I have a short walk to and from work sandwiching my bus ride during the week and it’s always a joy to enjoy the beauty around me. I love it especially when the sky turns into a canvas with strips of violet crossing over to some hot pink spread across a hue of orange during sunset here in Canberra. 
Didn't have a pic from sunset, sorry. :P

Occasionally, some cotton-ball like cloud puffs chug along, chasing each other across their infinite playground.

The world really is quite beautiful, the way God made it. I do enjoy it a lot, possibly getting some funny stares from people walking past when I suddenly chuckle or smile as I look around me.

However, it occurred to me one day that this was not what I was made to enjoy. This was just a glimpse of it.

For this world in its present form is passing away. ~ 1 Cor 7:31b

This world, with all its beauty, will be gone someday. Either that or I will be gone first. Whichever comes first, it’s even more mind-blowing to think that in someplace even more beautiful and more amazing than this will I be spending eternity.

As my lovely fiancée put it: All these beautiful things are just creations. Creation declares the praise of her Creator.

Enjoy creation. Praise the Creator.

"I am the Lord, and there is no other. I form the light and create darkness,
    I bring prosperity and create disaster;
    I, the Lord, do all these things.

It is I who made the earth
    and created mankind on it.
My own hands stretched out the heavens;
    I marshaled their starry hosts."

~ Isaiah 45:6b-7, 12

No comments: